« Home | Day 3: My feet hurt and I'm tired. » | Day 2: What teachers do all night (and you'll be s... » | Day 1: Ped Day (which I learned stands for "Pretty... » | The Day After Tomorrow... » | Who's your daddy? » | 10 years ago, we took the plunge (and the water wa... » | What a klutz! » | I slept with a new man last night » | He's 9 going on 16 » | He blew so well! » 

Friday, August 26, 2005 

Day 4: Whose line is it anyway?


Short post today - once again, Mr Migraine is playing squash in my head, and is beating the pants off Mr Fiorinal w/Codeine. I need my pillow, I need quiet, I need darkness, I need to get away from this computer! I got away from the students at 1:00 when my school day ended, after 5 hours of lecture (straight!!!). The day started at 3:51AM when Mr Migraine knocked on the temple door, got in and started warming up for the current game. At 4:02AM, I sent in Mr Advil hoping that he would be man enough to just shoo Mr Migraine out of the court, but no luck...

Today went remarkably well - considering I improvised 3 hours of biology and 2 hours of technology. I ended up going to bed last night (rather than staying up to prepare today's lectures) because I was too tired and thinking of getting up early, driving to school and preparing there. HA ! HA!!!!! Not happening. Not today.

The scary thing was that it was pretty seamless, kids didn't notice I was up there without a specific roadmap, and now I wonder how many of MY old teachers got away with this... I'm thinking that if things don't work out teaching, I'll be able to call Drew up and offer my talent (is that show still on???).

My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates