« Home | He blew so well! » | it's about to explode » | Sold to the man from Connecticut! » | Speechless... » | I'm in the process of completing a marathon! » | This ship is about to sail... » | Just signed on the dotted line » | Yes, I do... and I hope I won't regret it! » | 180 days: Before and After » 

Monday, August 15, 2005 

He's 9 going on 16

Well, today is a day I will remember for a long time. My first born, my beautiful blue-eyed son, my one and only boy, the ultimate "mama's boy", chose to hang out with some friends tonight rather than going to the movies with me. I have to mention that we are both movie buffs, that we watch way too much TV, and that we LOVE watching movies on the big screen.
I had suggested The Island or Four Brothers - both of which look good, and after giving it some thought, he turned me down to hang out with three 12 year-old girls. They listened to music, they jumped around on the trampoline, they basically just hung around outside, went for ice cream and talked. And that won over a car ride ALONE with me (since his sisters were born, he has missed being alone with me, and since they started talking, we all miss the concept of QUIET). It won over seeing the previews of the next best movies of 2008. It won over the overpriced salt-ladden popcorn we always buy, and the can of Diet Coke we sneak in my purse.

Hanging out with girls won over a movie. That alone says it all. Deep down I knew this would happen some day - I never gave any thought to this. I do accept his wanting to be independant. I guess I must have done something right.

I figure that as long as my hubby never turns me down, life is good.

My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates