« Home | Day 2: What teachers do all night (and you'll be s... » | Day 1: Ped Day (which I learned stands for "Pretty... » | The Day After Tomorrow... » | Who's your daddy? » | 10 years ago, we took the plunge (and the water wa... » | What a klutz! » | I slept with a new man last night » | He's 9 going on 16 » | He blew so well! » | it's about to explode » 

Thursday, August 25, 2005 

Day 3: My feet hurt and I'm tired.

6 hours of lecture today. My feet hurt and my hands are already drying up because of the chalk. I have to say that I actually enjoyed the day. I am a little surprised at the pace required to teach these kids - I keep thinking that it will take only minutes to go over certain topics, but then it ends up taking a lot longer.

It was the first day for the kids in elementary school (this school goes from pre-school to Grade 11). It was total mayhem - I was 5 minutes late to my first class because I had to park about 1 mile from the school and walk, walk, walk, climb the 4 floors to finally make it to the classroom.

The great thing about being a teacher is that teachers don't line up for food - they get to walk right up in front of the gazillion kids in line and order. I can get used to that. I'll have to remember to do this ONLY in the school caf though...

This post is short for a few reasons, including the fact that I am pooped, that I need to prepare some biology material for tomorrow AND prepare for 2 hours of technology.

My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates