« Home | What a klutz! » | I slept with a new man last night » | He's 9 going on 16 » | He blew so well! » | it's about to explode » | Sold to the man from Connecticut! » | Speechless... » | I'm in the process of completing a marathon! » | This ship is about to sail... » | Just signed on the dotted line » 

Friday, August 19, 2005 

10 years ago, we took the plunge (and the water wasn't even cold!)

Well,it's been 10 years already since Hubby and I tied the knot. Funny saying really when you look at the perfect shape of wedding rings. No knot in those. No knot in anything I can think of at the church. Or at the reception.

Perhaps the whole expression is mispelled and is really meant to be "try the not" , as in "I will try the not-philandering", "I will try the not-getting on your nerves", "I will try the not-leaving the toilet seat up" (OK, OK, that one is pushing it a little for most XY creatures).

I used to think 10 years was a long time. And today, I wonder where the years went, how we went from wedding vows and an awesome honeymoon in Jamaica (at Sandals no less - we recommend this resort to EVERYONE!!!) to a mortgage, a minivan, a trampoline and six extra feet to buy shoes for.
When did our lives change so dramatically without us having the chance to blink?

Would I change anything?
No.

Would I take the plunge again?
Absolutely.

The water wasn't cold then, and it's only getting warmer every year...

My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates