« Home | Who's your daddy? » | 10 years ago, we took the plunge (and the water wa... » | What a klutz! » | I slept with a new man last night » | He's 9 going on 16 » | He blew so well! » | it's about to explode » | Sold to the man from Connecticut! » | Speechless... » | I'm in the process of completing a marathon! » 

Monday, August 22, 2005 

The Day After Tomorrow...

The day after tomorrow - and I am not referring to a movie here (wouldn't that be nice and easy?) - I am referring to the fact that the day after tomorrow is my first day TEACHING. I go in tomorrow for meetings all day (also known as a PED day - didn't we all think teachers were simply off on those days???? well, I am here to tell you that these are WORKING days, with the slight advantage of not having the kids).

I've been working furiously on the content on the technology class. Well, I must admit "furiously" is probably a little strong - but I have been at it since 9:00 this morning (it's 11:55AM as I am blogging)and had very little interruption from my son (miracles do happen!). I got one load of laundry done as well, just for fun.

We watched an episode of House yesterday. The opening scene was in a classroom, the students were writing an exam, and there was a teacher changing the time remaining on the blackboard (you know, erasing the number of minutes left every 5 minutes just to make students nervous).

I didn't even remember that teachers did that. What else do teachers do?????? I guess I have until the day after tomorrow to figure it out...

My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates