« Home | This ship is about to sail... » | Just signed on the dotted line » | Yes, I do... and I hope I won't regret it! » | 180 days: Before and After » 

Thursday, August 04, 2005 

I'm in the process of completing a marathon!

Dear hubby and I got back 5 days ago from a romantic get-away to the Dominican Republic to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. It was our first time leaving the kids behind, and although we did enjoy the freedom associated with NOT having three kids complaining, crying, asking for something to drink or to eat, begging for candy, or in need of a bathroom NOW-oops-it's-too-late, I have to admit that they keep us busy in a good way, and that freedom to do whatever you want is slightly over-rated.

Anyhow, it's a good thing we did not have them along for this particular vacation, because kids under the age of 12 cannot take Immodium, and those who cannot take Immodium should NOT go to the Breezes in Punta Cana! Almost everyone we spoke to (with the exception of a family of 4) got some kind of tummy problem (that's the polite term for DIARRHEA). I personally like the image that pops into my head when people refer to it as having "the runs". Not that there is anything funny about the mad dash to the loo, but the runs almost makes you think you're getting a workout out of the whole ordeal...

We've been back 5 days now, one would think my tummy problem would be subsiding but I'm close to completing my first marathon. Running. To the bathroom. I now feel I live in that Immodium commercial as my son and hubby constantly ask me "How's your diarrhea?". I can't wait to reach the finish line...

My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates