« Home | Just signed on the dotted line » | Yes, I do... and I hope I won't regret it! » | 180 days: Before and After » 

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 

This ship is about to sail...

Today was a bit of a bummer day - I helped my dad show off Varuna, a beautiful sailboat my parents bought the year I was born - they are now looking to sell it. So, for all of you trying to do quick math here, this boat has been part of the family for 36 years, and it holds basically all of my memories of summer vacations, as well as week-ends. We spent EVERY week-end of the summer either going for 2 day trips or simply sleeping over, and 2 whole weeks going cool places and getting a nice tan. This was back when there was an ozone layer and the notion of sunscreen was non-existent. Actually, I remember buying tanning oil to accelerate the whole process. Imagine that... I now lather my kids with SPF 30 or 45 depending on the time of the day ...
Even though my outings on the boat are now few and far between, it will be hard to see it go... I'll post some pics of it later - now it's time to hit the sack with the brand new 2006 IKEA Catalog. I've got 2 copies - HIS and HERS - to avoid any and all possible conflict. It's nice to dream of everything we want to buy... unfortunately, until they allow us to dump the kids for more than 1 hour in the play area, we can't do it.

My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates