« Home | I'm in the process of completing a marathon! » | This ship is about to sail... » | Just signed on the dotted line » | Yes, I do... and I hope I won't regret it! » | 180 days: Before and After » 

Friday, August 05, 2005 

Speechless...

Anyone who knows me knows that I always have something to say. I've always got something on my mind, some cool new fact I just found out, some news I like to discuss, something, anything.

Yet today as I think of my blog, I am drawing a blank - I am 17 days away from my first day at school, still miles from being ready to actually stand in front of a classroom and teach, convey knowledge, look like I know something, not to trip over my own feet or my cordless laptop...

I've been thinking a lot about what it will be like to get to know - fairly well since I'll be spending 5 hours per week with them - a bunch of 9th graders. All girls. 100 of them in total. 14 and 15 years old. Those were not easy years when I was growing up. But I made it and so will they. Will I make it as a teacher to those teens? Both time and this blog will tell. Through my eyes and keyboard.

And in the meantime, I'm still stuck in that marathon...

My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates