« Home | Day 51: Looks like I'll be damned... » | Day 50: My brain is mush and my heart won't go for... » | Day 49: A Tim Bit to lift their spirit » | Day 48: A series of miscellaneous events... » | Day 47: Dangerous Curves... » | Bad hair = bad post » | Bad hair month » | World First: Surgery to separate the heart from th... » | And so Lolita was born at 9:00PM... » | Day 46: The early bird gets the worm » 

Monday, November 07, 2005 

Day 52: The sound of the drill is driving me nuts!

I'm sitting here with, to my left, about 4 hours left of correction and grading for the last biology test they wrote Friday.

And downstairs, in the basement, are my lovely hubby and his brother, drilling away at the concrete floor.

We had this house built 7 years ago - the basement was the next project to be tackled (until other stuff got in the way.

Things finally got "out of hand" enough to prompt my hubby to get started. By "out of hand", I don't mean physical abuse (as it was the case in this post) but I mean between the three kids, their strollers, the dolls, all the doll clothes, the small pop-up tent, the pic-nic table, the puzzles, the books, the Game Cube, the games and all the DVDs, it's a true miracle we haven't broken any limbs or twisted any ankles.
We were thinking of renting out our place to the Army Reserves for training. Take your pick - it can be a bombed area (plenty of places to look for hidden bodies), it can be a tornado-stricken area (that what it looks like after all), it can be a perfect obstacle course for those in need of physical activity.

But it CANNOT remain this way forever. I need yet another area where strollers and dolls can be happy - out of the high traffic areas which include the kitchen, living room and hallway, and most of all, OUT OF SIGHT.

As an added bonus, we can put a lock on the basement door, and safely get rid of the kids for a couple of hours... definitely worth the noise...

So where do you find these images?

Canadian Dude: If I tell you, I'll then have to kill you.

Well, OK then... these images are simply Clip Arts from my PowerPoint library...

miss frost: I'll get in touch with you soon...

Post a Comment
My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates