« Home | Day 47: Dangerous Curves... » | Bad hair = bad post » | Bad hair month » | World First: Surgery to separate the heart from th... » | And so Lolita was born at 9:00PM... » | Day 46: The early bird gets the worm » | Day 45: A new trick with the treats... » | A fresh new look!!! » | Days 43 and 44: I will survive, I will survive... » | Day 42: Tomorrow is parents-teacher night... » 

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 

Day 48: A series of miscellaneous events...

Today was one of those days - you know, one that ends with you being exhausted with no particular reason. Or was there a reason?

Since we turned the clocks back an hour, Christine my early bird is an even earlier bird. She was up at 4:30AM this morning. I don't think this even qualifies as "crack of dawn" - perhaps I should send her out to live on a farm where early risers are much more appreciated...

The day went OK - I am debating what to do with 4 students (all from the problematic class) who were late in handing in an assignment - assignment which I gave them to better their grade - with much warning that I would not, could not, accept if handed in after the 31st of October.

I found out today that I have to assign a letter-based (A,B,C, etc) grade to each student best describing their behavior in class. This won't be easy - it will be simple for the good students, but for the bad ones, I need to think it through. I'm discovering that I'm a real softie and that it really affects me when students are not doing well in my classes.

The twins went down howling tonight, which is never a nice way to end the evening. I'm so tired at this point, I think the only thing I'm good for is hitting the pillow.

For those of you who may want a little chuckle after this serious post, here are two of the comments I either heard or received directly today from various students - regarding my new haircut:

"Didn't you get your hair cut a few weeks ago?"

"Did you get your hair cut?" (to which I should have answered: "No, why do you ask?")

Good luck figuring out how to grade conduct for those less than perfect students. Its always hard trying to figure out what to do.

Post a Comment
My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates