« Home | Day 15: Teaching is a lot like driving... » | Day 14: Can I sue them for this? » | Vitamins cause hypertension - and other interestin... » | Day 13: TGIF - and pumping out alligators in Louis... » | Day 12: When sleep becomes a necessity » | Day 11: The short post » | Day 10: Migraine is the word of the day... but ju... » | Writing the thin red line... or at least "wishing"... » | Day 9: My little rant about the rescue efforts in ... » | Day 8: The proof is in the pudding » 

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 

School of parenthood - lesson #1


Why is it that the ones we love THE most (yes, that would be our kids, our children, our little "miracles"), why is it that these little creatures are THE BEST at getting right under our skin and oozing poison-ivy. If it sounds like I am losing my mind, perhaps it's because I am!!!
Why is it that kids think they can win stupid useless battles with their parents? Why is it that parents feel compelled to dig their heels and make big (empty) threats?

Does patience come in a predefined and finite quantity? Can one use up all their patience, say during their work day, and then come home and not have any left for their little angels because patience renewal is possible only when everyone is sleeping?

And if they ACTUALLY ARE ANGELS, why is patience needed in the first place?

My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates