« Home | Day 8: The proof is in the pudding » | Day 7: 26 large coffees and a stun gun please » | Day 6: "So you DON'T have a teaching degree? Aaaaw... » | Back to school night » | Day 5: Easy Mondays... » | Where the hell is the "OFF" button??? And I would... » | Day 4: Whose line is it anyway? » | Day 3: My feet hurt and I'm tired. » | Day 2: What teachers do all night (and you'll be s... » | Day 1: Ped Day (which I learned stands for "Pretty... » 

Friday, September 02, 2005 

Day 9: My little rant about the rescue efforts in Louisianna

Today went well at school. First test was written, and I have it with me, ready to correct it over the week-end.

I can't concentrate on school stuff right now because I am haunted by the pictures and video clips from what is happening in New Orleans.

I don't understand that this is happening in the United States. The greatest power on Earth.

These people are stranded, dehydrated, hungry, abandonned to rot there while Bush is all talk and no action. I can't believe it's happening, and yet as I watch clip after clip, what I see are POOR BLACK PEOPLE, and POOR BLACK PEOPLE don't command as much attention as RICH WHITE PEOPLE.

It's completely unfair.

Newborns that were in hospitals there are dying from dehydration because their little bodies needed fluid and there is no clean water to feed them. This is happening in the States. The US is so quick at helping other countries around the world when disaster strikes, why are they so useless NOW????.

That's it - the post is finished because I have nothing nice to say about anybody in charge of these rescue efforts.

I feel helpless, my heart aches for all these people. Everything else seems meaningless right now.

God help those people because the authorities sure aren't...

My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates