« Home | Vitamins cause hypertension - and other interestin... » | Day 13: TGIF - and pumping out alligators in Louis... » | Day 12: When sleep becomes a necessity » | Day 11: The short post » | Day 10: Migraine is the word of the day... but ju... » | Writing the thin red line... or at least "wishing"... » | Day 9: My little rant about the rescue efforts in ... » | Day 8: The proof is in the pudding » | Day 7: 26 large coffees and a stun gun please » | Day 6: "So you DON'T have a teaching degree? Aaaaw... » 

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 

Day 14: Can I sue them for this?

Nowhere in my contract is there a mention that the most likely hazard was catching colds when it was still hot enough to swim outside.

And yet, here I am, totally congested, with mucous pouring down the back of my throat and thus keeping the nausea factor on the forefront. My kids are not even sick. What is going on????

So I am off to school with lots to do before the first bell, and then I have a 7-hour live show to put on...

Hehe...welcome to teaching. I am seven years in and I still get sick at the end of Sept/start of Oct every year. Then again in March or April. I hear tell of immunity, but I suspect it is mere rumor.

Post a Comment
My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates