« Home | Day 17: Finding the answer in your sleep » | Day 16: Teaching from the gut » | School of parenthood - lesson #1 » | Day 15: Teaching is a lot like driving... » | Day 14: Can I sue them for this? » | Vitamins cause hypertension - and other interestin... » | Day 13: TGIF - and pumping out alligators in Louis... » | Day 12: When sleep becomes a necessity » | Day 11: The short post » | Day 10: Migraine is the word of the day... but ju... » 

Monday, September 19, 2005 

Day 18: Keeping this blog a secret...


Three months ago, I had no idea what a blog was. Then I noticed my dear hubby laughing out loud whenever he read a certain "blog".
"A blog? What is THAT?"



Being married to a computer/software/techno geek has great advantages (like never having to work the electronics around the house - and being the first we know to have a home-made version of a TiVo which feeds my TV addiction so much better than the old VCR).
It also has the great disadvantage that I always feel like an idiot because he knows about things way before I do - he'd been solving Sudokus online for 6 months on his lunch break before I even heard of the darn thing...

So, I started reading the same blog that made him laugh so much, except that I was laughing harder because I'm a girl, I'm a mom, and I'm usually constipated, just like Dooce. I was happy with reading her blog every day when it occurred to me that perhaps I could start blogging - about being a teacher for a year.

The thing about Dooce is that she LOST her job because she wrote about co-workers.

I don't know the details, but what I do know is that I am NOT telling anyone at school about my blog.

I don't want kids acting out - hoping it will appear on the blog the next day. And I don't want to have to say anything nice about the other teachers because they read my blog and expect flattery (even if and when they deserve it).

It shouldn't be too hard to do because none of the teachers (with perhaps the exception of the one who teaches the kids how to make a web page) are even comfortable with computers, the internet, and all that "technology". There is one computer for all of us to share in the teacher lounge - I barely use it preferring to log into the network from home to enter the student marks.

And so I must bear the weight of this secret for the remaining 162 school days. I feel like Agent Sydney Bristow on yet another secret mission...

Good idea. I've told no one, either. Even if they did find out, I keep an upbeat blog that doesn't really comment on policies, so I'm not real worried about it.

Besides, we want to keep reading!

I have been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting
article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me.
In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did,
the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.
Why You Need To Comments on Blogs and Articles

Post a Comment
My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates