« Home | Day 75: Are we there yet? » | Day 74: You learn something new every day » | December 6th, 1989: I still miss her after 16 years » | Day 72: Curves report card » | Days 70 & 71: The red pen parade (Santa is out, Bi... » | Day 69: Looking for weapons of mass destruction (o... » | Days 67 & 68: Understanding by teaching » | Frustration mounts... » | Day 66: it went well » | Days 64 and 65: He committed suicide... and other... » 

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 

Days 76 & 77: Enjoying a stroll through the alps...


Well, not quite the Swiss alps, but let's pretend...

The mountains around me are really piles and piles of tests to correct. I am responding to the need of the students to have more marks in one semester - the chapters are broken down into smaller, more "study-friendly" pieces, and they have a chance do well in "easy" quizzes. This unfortunately has a terrible downside for me: a lot of grading...

So this post will be short and sweet. Well, let's be honest, it's simply short. Nothing sweet about grading, nothing sweet about complaining.

As the cavemen are hammering away at stuff downstairs, the girls are howling upstairs - they want to be rocked a little, and I am about to give in despite all the work I have ahead of me tonight.

I suppose it's not a bad thing to remember what my REAL job is...

If it weren't for grading, this would be a great job. I love that graphic; it's how I feel many days.

Hi, i need your help in doing a survey about blogging for my Master's Thesis. Would it be alright for you to give me your email so i can send it to you? Your help would greatly aid my thesis.

Thank You

Post a Comment
My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates