« Home | Day 37: Today started at 3:00AM... » | Days 35 and 36: The plumber is coming. » | Day 34: Got home, got high, and allowed this... » | Day 33: Scarface and other dangers of teaching... » | Parent-teacher night - » | Zero is good! » | Day 32: The Art of War... » | Days 30 and 31: how two days became one... and ho... » | Day 29: Why is it???? » | Day 28: The leopard who wouldn't change its spots... » 

Monday, October 17, 2005 

Setting the record straight regarding my addiction

I just want to set the record straight regarding my addiction.

First of all, watching Primetime TV is NOT a real addiction. This can easily be proven, and here is my scientific method for doing so.

First of all, I googled "Top 10 addictions", and after skipping the non-related first entry (which is a Top 10 Music list), as well as a self-coaching list of actions to take (The Top 10 Ways To Help Stop A Bad Habit Or An Addiction), I came upon the following list, which of course has to be taken seriously since it was written by an engineering student (and we all know how serious those people can be):

10)Smoking
9) Gambling
8) Magazines
7) Reality TV
6) Food
5) Hockey
4) X-box
3) BEvERages
2) Heroin
1) Sex

You see: there is no entry for Primetime TV!!!

Well, although I do admit I was hooked on a couple of reality TV shows way back when, I don't watch those so much anymore (actually, I don't watch any - especially since Biggest Loser is no longer at a convenient time for me...).

So, for the record, here is a list (random order) of the shows I do indulge in on a weekly basis. This list includes (but is not limited to):

Law & Order
Law & Order Criminal Intent
Law & Order Special Victims Unit
Alias
Lost
Desperate Housewives
Las Vegas
House MD
The O.C.
Commander in Chief
Reunion
Nip/Tuck
Without a Trace
CSI
Grey's Anatomy (I'm starting tonight after a girlfriend recommended it...).

When 24 starts up again this winter, I'll be watching. And I'm also catching up on series I missed out on (finished Six Feet Under which was just AMAZING, starting the Sopranos soon...). But these don't really count.

So there you have it.

Gotta go - TiVo is waiting...

addictions are a very funny thing...Too funny that I watch almost entirely the same line up as you...difference is I love reality too...Survivor night..now I have to add blogging to my list. BTW..Grey's anatomy is pretty good, just added that one to my list last week...

**Law & Order
**Law & Order Criminal Intent
**Law & Order Special Victims Unit
**Alias
**Lost
**Desperate Housewives
**Las Vegas
**House MD
The O.C.
Commander in Chief
**Reunion
Nip/Tuck
**Without a Trace
**CSI
**Grey's Anatomy (I'm starting tonight after a girlfriend recommended it...)

AND
2 1/2 Men
How I met your mother
Cold Case
Amazing Race
Survivor
Numbers
Crossing Jordan
NCIS
Closer to Home
Bones
CSI: NY
CSI: Miami

You don't have a problem, I have a problem. Plus I record all 3 ABC soaps.

I have to cut back.

Post a Comment
My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates