« Home | Days 35 and 36: The plumber is coming. » | Day 34: Got home, got high, and allowed this... » | Day 33: Scarface and other dangers of teaching... » | Parent-teacher night - » | Zero is good! » | Day 32: The Art of War... » | Days 30 and 31: how two days became one... and ho... » | Day 29: Why is it???? » | Day 28: The leopard who wouldn't change its spots... » | Day 27: I'm very excited (and my hubby has nothing... » 

Monday, October 17, 2005 

Day 37: Today started at 3:00AM...

3:00AM - some kind of noise comes out of the girls' bedroom. I immediately poke hubby. He's so comatosed, it takes a good 4-5 jabs in the ribs and a kick in the lower leg area (I was hoping to hit the shin as that seems to be quite effective) until he FINALLY gets up to rescue his fallen, and now crying, daughter.

Of course, had he been a little swifter, had he reacted the first time I hit him, he would have gotten there before she was in full wailing mode.

He isn't able to soothe her, and by now it's 3:09AM, and I am thoroughly annoyed that she won't take comfort in having her sleepwalking father telling her to go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep.

3:10AM - I get up to go rub her back - he quickly escapes the room and leaves me with TWO babies that are staring at me and wanting their backs rubbed.

3:11AM - The beds are too far apart to rub them both simultaneously, so I rub one for a minute, then switch to the next, and so on for about 5 minutes.

By this time, I am completely awake and am getting anxious to get back into bed because being very awake at this time - 3:15AM - is NOT a good sign of things to come (like "Hello Insomnia!").

I get back into bed and watch the minutes go by on the clock. I ponder the use of various meds that could conk me out, but there are less than 3 hours left to the night, if I'm very very lucky and that the girls sleep in until 6AM.

Besides, what I really need at this point are either earplugs - hubby is now snoring loudly - or a sledgehammer to keep him from ever snoring again (but since I'm not sure what the status on our life insurance policy is, I decide to let him live just a little longer - he is the one with the better salary after all).

3:41AM - I give up, I get up and walk down to the kitchen and I start correcting technology tests...

As I look at all I have done so far today, I am amazed. One must of course consider I've been at it for almost 12 hours...

My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates