« Home | Day 28: The leopard who wouldn't change its spots... » | Day 27: I'm very excited (and my hubby has nothing... » | Day 26: Survivor - Teacher Edition » | Day 25: Less is more : the win-win strategy » | Day 24: More lemons please! » | Day 23 - part 2: He's laughing at me - and I don't... » | Day 23: The devil is in the details (and in some o... » | TV Night » | Day 22: 10 things I learned this week... » | Day 21: The big skeleton in my closet... » 

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 

Day 29: Why is it????

Why is it that the girls (all four classes) wrote tests today and I am so tired...

Why is it that the first biology test was too easy, and this one was too hard? How do you design the RIGHT test such that the correction is not too painful and long, with just the right dose of poking their knowledge?

Why is it that coming home with 102 biology tests to correct, 48 biology lab reports and 48 technology lab reports becomes a game of hide and seek - I need to hide these from my girls who just looooove to use scissors on EVERYTHING.

Why is it that there are cool new tv shows when my evenings consist of correction and course preparation?

Why, why, why... stay tuned and find out - as I try to find the answers in the upcoming posts...

Happy world teachers day!

Every so often, I'll give a test with only multiple choice questions so the computer can score them. It takes five minutes for 150 tests.

Now, there'e the good life.

Post a Comment
My Photo

About me

  • I'm Lolita
  • From Canada
  • Challenges... don't we all love a good challenge? University, married life, a mortgage, kids, keeping my sanity while we cruise through life at 100 MPH... why not try my hand at teaching for a year. After all, a school year is only 180 days - anyone should be able to survive 180 days, right? Well, I'm about to find out - follow my journey and enjoy my trials and tribulations as I embark in this 180 day rollercoaster ride of teenage hormones and drama, spiked with discipline, homework, exams and surprises I'm sure...
My profile

Check this out

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates